Unpublished Ottawa Content Submission Policy & Guidelines
All Unpublished Ottawa platforms are open to people of every age, race, religion, sex, ethnic origin and sexual orientation.
Be a part of the community that shares information to effect change. Unpublished Ottawa wants you to participate in sharing the content you create (Your Content) with us on all of our platforms. Your Content includes but is not limited to letters, online comments, video uploads, and photo submissions.
Your username links to your profile and will appear alongside any of 'Your Content'. We reserve the right to identify your real name and city of residence from your profile when using Your Content (ie. John Doe from Nepean says...). Adopting the identity of another person with the intention to mislead or cause harm is a serious violation that may lead to expulsion of the user from Unpublished Ottawa.
By submitting Your Content, you grant Unpublished Ottawa the non-exclusive right to use your content royalty-free, in perpetuity. Your Content may be published on Unpublished Ottawa owned or controlled platforms. Unpublished Ottawa cannot guarantee that Your Content will be published. Your Content may be indexed by Internet search engines. Unpublished Ottawa has no obligation to remove Your Content from its platforms even if you make a request. You should think carefully about your intent and the consequence of publication of any of Your Content. For more information, see our full Terms of Service.
When you share Your Content with us:
- Keep Your Content relevant to the topic and avoid repetitive posting.
- Be respectful and courteous, as if you were having a face-to-face discussion.
- If you are writing about legal issues, remember that people are innocent until proven guilty (that may mean using words such as "allegedly").
- Feel free to link to external web addresses, we allow no more than three links per letter. Unpublished Ottawa does not endorse the content of external websites and has no liability as to their content in any event. Unpublished Ottawa reserves its right to take down any external link.
- Use English or French for all of your exchanges and comment. Other languages cannot be used except for an occasional word.
- We want to hear your own opinion. Your Content must be created and owned by you, including any music and artwork. Breaking copyright rules is not permitted (that includes copying and pasting excerpts from other sites without permission and attribution).
- Any of Your Content that is offensive and likely to expose an individual or a group of individuals to hatred or contempt on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age or mental or physical disability is prohibited.
- The following kind of Your Content is also prohibited:
- Pornography, vulgarity, obscenity or sexually explicit content
- Anything illegal
- Hate speech
- Threats, harassment
- Personal attacks, insults and defamatory statements
- Threats or suggesting committing a criminal act
- Respect other people's privacy by not including personal information in Your Content (such as phone numbers and email addresses) or private dialogue.
- Be sensitive in 'Your Content' regarding the death or injury of private individuals, especially children.
- Any words or your full message in bold, underlined, italics or all CAPS will not be allowed (this makes it difficult to read and in online speak is considered yelling unless it is an acronym in which case using CAPS is permitted).
- Make it personal, not commercial by leaving out press releases and commercial promotions.
If you violate any of these guidelines, Your Content may be taken down and your account may be suspended or blocked. The posting of letters and other material on Unpublished Ottawa does not constitute an obligation on the part of Unpublished Ottawa to maintain such material on the site and Unpublished Ottawa, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to delete letters, comments, posts and other material for any reason whatsoever.
Unpublished Ottawa reserves the right to change these Content Submission Guidelines at any time without notice.
For more information, please read Unpublished Ottawa's section on Submissions in the Terms of Service. We look forward to receiving Your Content.