I share your pain! Road rage can put a damper on the rest of the day, that's for sure. The municipal election is 10 months away. Vote for someone who gets it.
I'm writing this rant because I was late for work the other morning due to two dump trucks blocking lanes just stopped with their 4-way flashers on during rush hour.
Why are heavy trucks still using Nicholas, Waller, Besserer, Cumberland St anyway? This is a joke and causes undue stress on motorists, particularly during the rush hour. People are already stressed enough getting to work, hence the name "rush". Apparently parking rules don't apply to heavy equipment operators, whereas if this was a passenger vehicle, Ottawa By-law would be all over them with their infraction tickets. That's my rant and it really irritates me!
Don't get me wrong, I like my city, but it is very apparent that Ottawa is so far behind when it comes to being pro active and on the forefront of many great things a city needs. A city does NOT need heavy equipment traffic downtown at rush hour!
Let's recap a few things about Ottawa:
1. A world class sports and entertainment complex: Just now under development. Wow way to go. A generation too late. Certainly not with out naysayers.
2. A congress centre large enough to facilitate the most popular conventions: opened within the past few years. Too late. The Earnst & Young Centre beat Ottawa to the finish line and took them maybe a couple years. Bigger, better.
3. A hockey arena that is central to Ottawa and it's neighbouring communities. Gatineau, Cumberland, Blackburn Hamlet and dozens more. Please raise your hand if you are from Orleans and enjoy going home after work and then battling west bound traffic on a dumb 2 lane major route (417) to Farnata for a 7:30 pm game. Hmm, I see no hands. It's only two freaking lanes! Talk about shortsightedness. Who cares that the Kanata land was already purchased. Weak argument for a hundred years into the future.
4. A transit system. Really, light rail in 2014. Wow, wuptydoo. This should have been completed in the 70's for Lord's sake.
5. A four lane highway to the 401. Way too long to figure that one out.
6. What's up with LeBreton Flats? What a dump! OMG, will there ever be anything notable at that location that this generation can enjoy? Probably not. NCC losers. OUT